The Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles, (才囚学園) is the main setting of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony and the location of the Killing School Semester. Before its destruction, it comprised of a five-floor building sealed inside a giant glass dome. As with Hope's Peak Academy, the school was run by Headmaster Monokuma, this time joined by his five "children", the Monokubs along with the Exisals.
Unlike Hope's Peak Academy, little is known about the history of the Ultimate Academy building itself. Although the building was ostensibly a school, including classrooms, a library and so on, it is unclear if the building was ever actually used as a school for learning or if it was built for or repurposed to be the location for the Killing School Semester. The building itself had the sense of being abandoned for a long time and thus has been reclaimed by nature, with the ground floor particularly affected. Tall grass and wild flowers grew from the ground in most of the ground floor hallways, and throughout the building, many of the rooms had vines and ivy growing from the ceiling. Many rooms and hallways throughout the school also had loose wiring, broken objects, poor lighting, and windows sealed by barbed wire. In contrast, the areas which appear to have been fully purpose-built for the Killing School Semester were strikingly different to the rest of the building with very modern furniture and fixtures, and with little or no dilapidation whatsoever. The whole building, including the large courtyard area, were sealed inside a large glass dome, where skyscrapers from the nearby city could be seen in the distance.
- For the full article, see: Research Labs.
A notable aspect which sets the Ultimate Academy apart from Hope's Peak Academy is the inclusion of research labs (研究室), facilities tailored to each captive students' unique Ultimate Talent. They could be found in different locations throughout the whole school, with many becoming accessible only after certain areas were unlocked. The rooms were each uniquely furnished, often very lavishly, and contain equipment with which the Ultimate student could practice their skill.
The First Floor
The Second Floor
The Third Floor
- Ultimate Assassin Lab
- Ultimate Tennis Player Lab
The Fourth Floor
The Fifth Floor
Staff and Students
Children of Monokuma
Ultimate Supreme Leader
Ultimate Tennis Pro
Ultimate Aikido Master
List of Rules
The Ultimate Academy enforces strict rules among its student body. Students who violate these rules may be exterminated with extreme prejudice by the Exisals—highly mobile, bipedal weapon platforms. There are a total of five Exisals at the Ultimate Academy. Each one is a different color and piloted by a Monokub.
- Rule #1: Students must live at the Ultimate Academy for the remainder of their foreseeable future.
- Rule #2: Once a murder takes place, all surviving students must participate in a class trial.
- Rule #3: If the blackened is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed.
- Rule #4: If the blackened is not exposed, all remaining students will be executed.
- Rule #5: If the blackened survives the class trial, they will graduate and re-enter the outside world.
- Rule #6: The killing game and class trials will continue until only two surviving students remain.
- Rule #7: "Nighttime" is from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. The dining hall and gymnasium are off-limits at night.
- Rule #8: Violence toward Monokuma, the headmaster of the Ultimate Academy, is strictly prohibited.
- Rule #9: Monokuma will never directly commit a murder.
- Rule #10: Your Monopads are very important items. Please do not damage them.
- Rule #11: The "Body Discovery Announcement" will play when three or more students discover a body.
- Rule #12: With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore the campus at your discretion.
- Rule #13: Students who violate these rules will be immediately exterminated by the Exisals.
- Rule #14: Further, there may be new additions to the school rules according to the convenience of the headmaster.
The following rules were added later:
- Rule #14: Swimming is prohibited in the pool during nighttime. Touching the water is also against the school rules.
- Rule #15: If two different murders by different murderers occur at the same time, only the one whose victim was found first will be the blackened.
- Part of the Japanese name "才囚" and a different word, "最終", meaning "final" or "last" are homophonous.