|This article is a despair-inducing stub!
As such, it is considered to be incomplete regarding the information available.
Based on Sonia's stories, Novoselic is an extremely small country governed by an absolute monarchy. Though the population is small, its economy is thriving, so the people of the country can live comfortable lives.
For generations, the royal family has protected the kingdom and its people from its neighboring countries. Thanks to that, the people still have complete trust toward the royal family.
Novoselic has many unique traditions, some of which revolve around mysterious local wildlife. For instance, couples in Novoselic cannot get married until they each capture a rare animal native to Novoselic called a Makango and show them to one another; if the relationship involves a member of the royal family, they are expected to catch a Golden Makango instead. Additionally, the people of Novoselic are not acknowledged as an adult until they consume an animal called a Skong. Sonia expresses concern that these practices may be endangering the ecosystem, and wishes to adjust the traditions to preserve the Makango and Skong populations.
According to Sonia, Novoselic has a legendary hero that looks exactly like Hajime Hinata, although the description simply indicates that said hero has a white shirt, an ahoge, and a completely unremarkable face.
Novoselic Royal Castle
The royal family of Novoselic has been living in the royal castle for over a thousand years. Even though the castle is old and small, it's truly a wonderful, historic building.
Sonia states that getting lost in the castle subterranean labyrinth is easy. The barracks are fully equipped as well.
- Sonia reveals many facts about Novoselic throughout the game, such as:
- There aren't any Amusement Parks in Novoselic.
- Wine and chocolate are two of Novoselic's hidden specialties.
- Anime is wildly popular in Novoselic, particularly the children's show Sun Witch ♪ Esper Ito. According to Sonia, 90% of Novoselic's entire population watches it regularly.
- Novoselic's Elementary Schools teach a course on warfare, to the point where grade-school children can operate a tank.
- If a meeting is scheduled in Novoselic, the participants are expected to arrive 13 minutes earlier than the agreed time. According to Sonia, being any later is severely punished.
- Novoselic is named after Nirvana's bassist, Krist Novoselic.
- In Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony's bonus mode, Rantaro Amami mentions buying Novoselic's delicious chocolate while traveling in Europe, but he hasn't visited the country itself yet.
- During the Talent Development mode in DRV3, Sonia states that Makangos multiply when frightened.
- In Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp, Sonia mentions to Celestia Ludenberg that the beaches in her kingdom have a mild climate with refreshing wind.
- It is hinted in Danganronpa Kirigiri Volume 3 that the assassin Copycat may come from Novoselic.
- Some of Sonia's Personnel are likely also from Novoselic.