|This article is missing some important content! You can help Danganronpa Wiki by adding it!|
This article needs development information and a full story summary!
The article below is based on non-localized content only available in Japanese.
As such, all information in this article is based on fan-contributed translations.
|“|| At the end of the world, an abnormal killer runs rampant...
Danganronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer (ダンガンロンパ 害伝キラーキラー), previously known only as Killer Killer (キラーキラー), is a manga spin-off connected to Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School.
The manga was debuted on March 8, 2016 in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine's April issue and released a new manga every month on the 9th afterwards, it was later published as three collections. The manga is illustrated by Mitomo Sasako, with scenario written by Kazutaka Kodaka and Yōichirō Koizumi.
In response to The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History, an organization called Future Foundation was created to combat the chaos still present even after the death of The Mastermind.
Misaki Asano is a new recruit, working as a special investigator for the 6th Division's Special Case Criminal Investigation Unit, a bureau dedicated to solving the most bizarre and challenging murder cases. Alongside her partner, Takumi Hijirihara, they aim to combat despair one case at a time. Their most challenging case is that of the mysterious Killer Killer, a bizarre serial killer who targets other murderers.
Future Foundation's 6th Division
Future Foundation's Members
- Chisa Yukizome
- Kazuo Tengan
- Kyosuke Munakata
- Kyoko Kirigiri
- Ruruka Ando
- Ryota Mitarai
- Sonosuke Izayoi
- Momomichi Ito
- Rei Shimizu
- Ted Chikatilo
- Eiichiro Saiyama
- Mimiko Tomizawa
- Mukuro Ikusaba
- Shūji Fujigawa
List of Volumes and Chapters
|Release Date:||July 8, 2016||ISBN:||9784063957013|
|Release Date:||November 9, 2016||ISBN:||9784063931037|
|Release Date:||May 9, 2017||ISBN:||9784063932027|
- It was not revealed that Killer Killer existed in the Danganronpa universe until Chapter 3, when the manga's full title was revealed in the June issue of Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine.
- All 3 compilation volumes include art referencing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc:
- There are also several references to the murders featured in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc in Chapter 3, in which Eiichirō Saiyama is a documentary manga artist drawing manga about The Tragedy.:
- In Eiichirō's room of corpses, two victims are seen crucified by ropes, in the manner of Chihiro Fujisaki's body.
- In one of Eiichirō's pages, a body is posed in the manner of Sayaka Maizono's corpse.
- In another of Eiichirō's pages, Mukuro Ikusaba's death scene is seen, and this scene is mimicked when Takumi Hijirihara murders Eiichirō.
- The mask of Sparkling Justice, a serial killer mentioned in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, is on display in Eiichirō Saiyama's room in Chapter 3. Because the identity of Sparkling Justice is unknown, it is possible that Sparkling Justice and Killer Killer may be the same person, as they both have the same M.O. (murdering other killers), which is supported by the fact that the name of Sparkling Justice in the original Japanese release of Danganronpa 2 is Kirakira Seigi (キラキラセギ). It is unknown if this is intentional or simply a reference.