|“|| A dancing wolf needs no saké, right?
Daisaku Bandai (万代 大作) is a character featured in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School.
During his time in Class 66th at Hope's Peak Academy, his title was the Ultimate Farmer (超高校級の「農家」 lit. Super High School-Level Farmer). After leaving Hope's Peak, his title was updated to the Former Ultimate Farmer.
He is a member of the Future Foundation and is the Branch Office 11 Director. His responsibility as the director is assistance in restoring agriculture in disaster areas. He, along with the other Future Foundation Directors, is forced to participate in the Final Killing Game.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Talent
- 4 History
- 5 Execution
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
He has a heavy, muscular build, but also a cute, feminine voice. He has rosy cheeks, cartoonish eyes, and a wide grin. He has an afro and a goatee. He wears a pale brown suit, with the Future Foundation pin on its lapel, a white sweatsuit with a green circle design on his shirt, and wooden geta. He also wears a straw hat around his neck.
Daisaku's voice is soft and cutesy and, in contrast to his large build, he speaks with a feminine speech pattern. He is described to be gentle, loving and very whimsical.
He is fond of making up his own sayings, such as "a strawberry only gives up to 3 seeds," but no one has any idea what they mean. Daisaku himself admits that they don't mean anything, he just enjoys saying them.
Daisaku appears slightly naive and he dislikes violence and conflict. As befitting his talent, he is also very hardworking and loves nature, to the point he even cries if he sees his environment in poor condition. He has a high appreciation of just how much goes into creating common day food products.
Although never shown or stated in the series, Daisaku is a very skilled person in farming and agriculture and eventually scouted by Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Farmer. His task in the Future Foundation is to maintain and restore rural areas and distribution food crops.
In other languages
Daisaku's talent as it appears in official translations of Danganronpa material.
|Japanese||元・超高校級の「農家」||Former Super High School-Level Farmer|
|German||Ehemalig: Super-Highschool-Landwirt||Former: Super Highschool Farmer|
|Italian||Ex Super Agricoltore Liceale||Former Super High School-Level Farmer|
Prior to the Tragedy
Daisaku was scouted to attend Hope's Peak as part of Class 66th as the Ultimate Farmer. After attending, he graduated an estimated 9–10 years before the Tragedy.
At some point in time after getting recruited by Koichi Kizakura for the Future Foundation, he became the head of the 11th Division. His responsibility as the 11th Division leader is to help oversee and maintain agriculture in rural areas, to help aid with the food supply.
Daisaku is one of the twelve executives that attended Makoto's trial, and thus became one of the final players in the "Final Killing Game", set by Monokuma.
Daisaku and the other ten Future Foundation Division leaders were inside the boardroom, about to discuss Makoto's betrayal. Daisaku commented on the Remnants of Despair's extermination plan using his own personal feeling quotes, leading to the discussion getting off topic. Ruruka Ando, Seiko Kimura, and Sonosuke Izayoi mock his appearance, which doesn't match with his heavy build, but Daisaku saw it as a compliment.
When Makoto, Kyoko Kirigiri, and Aoi Asahina arrive in the boardroom, Juzo arrested Makoto, also wounding him in the process, and at Kyosuke Munakata's order, the trial was postponed. Daisaku remained inside the boardroom until the building started to shake. He confirmed that there was an attack and all of the exits to the facility has been cut off. When they began to panic, a sleeping gas was thrown inside the room, rendering everyone including Daisaku to sleep.
When he woke up, Daisaku and the others found a Monokuma bracelet had been set up on their wrists. He learned that Monokuma has been resurrected and announced the Final Killing Game of Future Foundation via the monitor, starting with Chisa Yukizome's body, which fell from the ceiling.
Daisaku attempts to break the tension with another of his witty sayings but is unable to keep the situation from escalating. He leaves the room and returns, confirming that they are indeed locked in. Everyone begins turning on each other and, as Juzo goes to intimidate (and potentially assault) Makoto, Daisaku speaks up again. He attempts to get him to stop to no avail.
Daisaku died as a result of his NG Code being violated, causing him to be injected with lethal poison. His Code was that he was not allowed to witness violence, which was broken the instant Juzo knee'd Ryota Mitarai as a result of getting in the way. Seiko tried to cure him, but her effort was in vain after she confirmed that Daisaku has already died.
- Main Article: NG Code Poisoning
- Future Foundation Members:
Although not shown in the main story, it was revealed that Daisaku and Great Gozu were good friends during the tragedy as Future Foundation members. Great Gozu helped Daisaku in farming various vegetables all around the Future Foundation building using their talents in a fun way. Great Gozu even blamed on Juzo for violating Daisaku's NG code.
Ruruka dislikes Daisaku, as she is easily annoyed by his sayings and "creepy" voice, having no problem acting mean and condescending towards him. However, Daisaku appears a bit naive and doesn't seem too bothered by her words. Despite this dislike, she doesn't seem to mind using the farmer to help her in her sweets, such as ordering him to make her a ton of butter. They have the same tasks in the Future Foundation, which is distributing food to survivors of the tragedy.
- Daisaku is the tallest character in the entire franchise thus far, standing at 213 cm (7' 0") tall.
- The kanji for Daisaku's first name (大作) can be translated as "Big Harvest". While the kanji for his surname (万代) can translate as "Ten Thousand Generations".
- Put together Daisaku's name would translate as "Big Harvest for All Generations" - referencing Daisaku's Ultimate talent as a farmer.
- In Blu-ray set box for Danganronpa 3 - Future Arc, it was revealed that:
- The idea of a character with the title former Ultimate Farmer came up since the Future Foundation isn't just a fighting organization but also one that has sections dedicated to securing food sources.
- In the original Kazutaka Kodaka's scenario, there was a scene where Daisaku was plowing a huge field, but circumstances forced him to cut it much to his dismay.
- It was Higa P's idea to give Daisaku a cute voice that didn't match his appearance.
- Kodaka and crew chose a pretty bluntly toy-like name Daisaku's his surname. For his first name, he wanted to give off the impression of a farmer.
- According to a Weekly Famitsu Interview with Kazutaka Kodaka, while liking Koichi's voice and character, he also enjoyed Rie Kugimiya's voice work as Daisaku.
- In the same article, the staff of Famitsu was very surprised by how "cutesy" Daisaku's voice sounded, and Kodaka stated that Rie's voice made Daisaku sound like the mascot character.
- Contrasting Ryoma Hoshi, Daisaku has an extremely squeaky voice despite his bulky appearance, while Ryoma has a very deep voice despite his child-like appearance.