Daily Life is a major system in main series Danganronpa games and the first act of each chapter.
Daily Life is one of the two major components in each chapter featured in the main Danganronpa series. The protagonist of each game can decide how to spend their time during the day and night during the events of the Killing Game. Some events may take place during a specific time of day as you progress. During this section of the chapter, the students are given Motives and new areas to explore inside Hope's Peak Academy, Jabberwock Island and the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles respectively.
Time is a special unit that grants the protagonist the ability to perform certain activities of their choice. By doing so, time passes. The protagonist often gets two units of free time per day. Once they're used up, the next day arrives. Time is divided between day and night.
Free Time Events
- Main article: Free Time Events
- Main article: Motives
During the Daily Life section, motives are featured as the story progresses and the students will meet up with Monokuma as the climax of the chapter is about to enter before starting the "Deadly Life".
- Pets: a virtual pet found inside Hajime Hinata's e-Handbook.
- Hidden Monokumas: Monokuma dolls hidden by Monokuma himself across Jabberwock Island.
Aside Free Time Events and the MonoMono Machine, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony features 4 new ways to spend time inside the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles available after completing Chapter
- Casino: A building which allows Shuichi Saihara to play 4 minigames similar to those in Class Trials and allows him to buy exclusive items using Casino Coins available after completing Chapter
- Hotel Kumasutra: a hotel unlocked after purchasing a Key of Love available after completing Chapter 1.
- Hidden Monokumas: Monokuma dolls returning from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, now hidden inside the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles.
- Neo World Program: a Killing Game simulator created by Monokuma found exclusively in Chapter 4.
- Death Road of Despair: a platformer minigame found behind the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles that allows the students escape in the successfully finish the minigame.